12 août 2006

Burning Spear "man in the hills"


Burning Spear "man in the hills" :


Un gros album de roots reggae, down tempo, Ecouter Burning Spear c'est un peu comme prendre l'avion.

Sorti en 1976 et ne comprenant que 10 titres, "Man in the hills " figurent parmi les meilleures productions de Burning Spear, et est le reflet d'une époque ou le reggae était roi, un vibrant appel à vivre dans les collines, habitacles naturels des Rastas.

"Man in the hills", "it's good", "no more war", "people get ready", l'excellent "Black Soul":, don't kill the "lion" :, et "door peep" :, "we chant down a babylon"

Un message roots, naturel, avec le poignant "ne tue pas le lion ! ", ainsi que l'appel "es te vous pret ?" le peuple est prêt", ainsi que l'homme dans les collines "Et si nous devions vivre dans les collines"...

L'album a été produit par Jack Ruby au studio Randy's à Kingston pour Island record.

  1. Man In The Hills
  2. It's Good
  3. No More War
  4. Black Soul
  5. Lion
  6. People Get Ready
  7. Children
  8. Mother
  9. Door Peep
  10. Groovy

Paroles de "Man in the hills" :

"Come along my brother, come along
Let us dp the thing we suppose to do for
our mother.

Come along my sisters, come along too.

And if we should live up in the hills.

Live up in the hills, the hills And if we should live up in the hills

My brother go to the river,To carry the water-

My sister wash up the dishes,She even go to the shop, Bring in the groceries,When my smaller brother run around and pick up the bramble to keep the fire blazing

To keep mama fire Blazing
Blazing fire fire

And if we should live up in the hills

My mother hard at work,
Work my mother for the children, My mother hard at work, Work my mother
for the children,

My daddy is gone way over, far over, Working up the cultivation

Coming with food Daddy Coming Daddy come come with food, come...

And if we should live up in the hills. "

Aucun commentaire:

Rechercher dans Roots and Culture

Education is the key